How to make an easel card:
- Fold base card to make a standard card. I chose to make an A5 card, but any size will do.
- Fold the front of the card in half again. This will create the mechanism for lifting the top of the card.
- Cut paper to cover the ‘inside’ of the card. Part of this will be visible when the card is on show so choose a nice backing paper.
- Choose the image you want to put on the front. I chose a die cut decoupage, but any image will do. Back your image onto card.
- Attach the card and image to the front fold. Make sure the fixture is secure, and that the card will fit the envelope when laid flat.
- Add a support strip onto the inside layer. Use foam pads to create height. This is what will hold the card in place when on display. A whole strip is not needed, so individual embellishments like labels, greetings, flowers or other embellishments can be used instead.
- I added a new floral strip to my card as the two strips did not match up. I also added a greeting.
- You can add further embellishments to your own taste.
The following pictures show the steps needed to make an easel card.